Jennifer Kirschenbaum, Esq. and the K&K team assists physicians in all areas of practice, including practice start-up (PC/PLLC selection and formation, first lease, patient forms, compliance, onboarding and employee policies, financing documents), buy/sells, employment and independent contractor arrangements and department of labor audits, employment/partnership and buy-out contracts, Office of Professional Medical Conduct matters, patient issues, compliance (kickback, HIPAA and OSHA), management and vendor arrangements, leases, real estate purchases and litigation. K&K also assists Physical Therapists, Physician Assistants, Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in all areas of practice.
K&K is proud to serve as counsel to the Bronx County Medical Society, AAPI NYC Metro, New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society, American Office Based Surgery Society and the Myanmar American Medical Education Society, as well maintain affiliation with many other associations and societies. K&K is proud to serve as a member of the MLMIC approved OPMC defense counsel.
Have a question for Jennifer or believe you may require legal assistance? Call or email her at (516) 747-6700 x. 302 or at Jennifer@Kirschenbaumesq.com. Looking for residency program education? Ask Jennifer to speak about practice purchases and employment arrangements or compliance.
- Review of employment agreement for residents and fellows.
- Creation of private practice from inception to open, and serve as general counsel.
- Private practice sale and transition to hospital based.
- Closure without interview or penalty at OPMC for internists.
- Victory at OPMC at Hearing for phyisician.
- Creation of regional Management Company Organization; serve as General Counsel responsible for legal services related to expansion efforts, onboarding/contractual arrangements, employee/patient issues and compliance.
- Counsel to Purchasers in Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester, New Jersey and California practice purchases.
- Counsel to Sellers in Long Island, Westchester, Manhattan, New Jersey and Florida.
- Department of Labor audit related to employee classification and overtime issues.
- Employment contract/restrictive covenant drafting for numerous clients.