You can read all of our articles on our website.  Having trouble getting our emails?   Change your spam controls and white list, and 
licensing question - Qualifier Agreement
November 11, 2017
licensing question - Qualifier Agreement
    I have a company that wants to use my license in New York.  Can I do this?   And what steps should I take to protect myself?
name withheld
    A company cannot "use" your license.  You can, however, be the license holder for a company provided you have a proper relationship with that company.  The "relationship" required is usually defined in the licensing statute.  That's where we will find if the license holder needs to be an owner, officer, director, manager or employee of the company.  The licensing statute will also explain the duties expected of the license holder and the licensed company.
    So you can be the qualifier - license holder - for a company that you don't own or work for, but that relationship should be detailed in a well drafted agreement.  We have such agreement and it's called a Qualifier Agreement.  The company seeking the license should pay for this agreement.  
     The cost of the agreement is $1500, and well worth it, especially if the licensing agency challenges the bona fides of the license holder.  If the licensing agency determines that a qualifier is "availing" or renting or selling or lending, the license then the license holder can lose the license or have it suspended, and the company then risks being without a license holder and worse, risks having the licensing agency take the position that it won't license the company for a period of time, or ever, so "don't bother trying to come back with another license holder".  The fines can also be in the thousands.
   Bottom line, you can hold the license for another's company.  Just be sure to use the Qualifier Agreement and perform the duties outlined in that agreement.  Every state has different rules, which requires a separate Qualifier Agreement for each state.  We customize each agreement and draft it to comply with the state's requirements.  To get a Qualifier Agreement you can order on-line at or you can call our Contract Administrator EIleen Wagda at 516 747 6700 x 312.  Eileen maintains our confidential list of license holders and companies looking for license holders, and we try to match license holder with company without any charge for that service,  We do strongly suggest that the company and the license holder use our Qualifier Agreement to protect themselves,


alarm classifieds alarm security contractsThis area is reserved for alarm classifieds, alarm company announcements, solicitations, offers, etc. Those wishing to sell or buy; borrow or lend; dealer program or dealer; central stations; insurance brokers; business  brokers, insurance companies. Equipment to sell; looking for employees; subcontractors; mergers;

There is no charge to post a listing here.Include your contact information, phone, email and web site.  If you would like to submit a posting, please send an email to  To create a reciprocal link to our website, click here.
Many of you are forwarding these emails to friends or asking that others be added to the list.
Sign up for our daily newsletter here: Sign Up.  You can read articles and order alarm contracts on our web site

Ken Kirschenbaum,Esq
Kirschenbaum & Kirschenbaum PC
Attorneys at Law
200 Garden City Plaza
Garden City, NY 11530
516 747 6700 x 301
516 747 6700