Button: Make a Payment Button: Newsletter Mailing List

Icon: Healthcare LawHands-On Experience

Providing legal advice

and services since 1977

comment on do you need monitoring or CCTV license / 3 business days / multiple locations September 12, 2017

You can read all of our articles on our website.  Having trouble getting our emails?   Change your spam controls and white list, and 
comment on do you need monitoring or CCTV license  / 3 business days / multiple locations
September 12, 2017
comment on do you need monitoring or CCTV license from August 25,2017 article
Responding to James’ comment in your August 25 column in which he quotes a “Sales Director of a Sales Team” regarding licensing requirements in the “majority of states.”  Maybe we could get the “Sales Director” to start contributing to your column.  I’d also like to have him comment on some of the sales and employment tax questions that Ken sends to me.  People get really upset when Ken and I tell people what the law actually says on this subject, it would be great to give people the answers that they want to hear instead of ruining their days.
Mitch Reitman
Reitman Consulting Group
Fort Worth, TX 
The gist of what you need to keep in mind is that if a license is required for the activity you have to have the license, even if you are subcontracting the work to someone else who has the license.
3 business days
I just read your newsletter about three day right to cancel in California.  Is that three business days or just three days.  Can we count Sat & Sun and holidays as part of the three days?
Thank you,
It's 3 business days, so weekends and holidays won't count.   That's likely the case in all states.
multiple locations
    What is the proper procedure when using your contracts for a multi location commercial client? They are growing and will be adding accounts a few times a month as well as us taking over as other contracts end.         Can we do one master contract and then add to it each time with a simple addendum?
    We have a rider [Master Agreement Rider] that we provide for $250.00 to be used with the Commercial All in One [also one for Fire All in One].  Call our Contract Administrator Eileen Wagda at 516 747 6700 x 312 to get the rider.  You need to have a Standard Form Agreement, and you will be advised to update your form.  
    Using one contract for multiple locations can be a bit cumbersome, especially when the installations and recurring charges are not uniform.  Some writing is likely going to be required for each location, though an entirely new Standard Form Agreement won't be necessary.


alarm classifieds alarm security contractsThis area is reserved for alarm classifieds, alarm company announcements, solicitations, offers, etc. Those wishing to sell or buy; borrow or lend; dealer program or dealer; central stations; insurance brokers; business  brokers, insurance companies. Equipment to sell; looking for employees; subcontractors; mergers;

There is no charge to post a listing here.Include your contact information, phone, email and web site.  If you would like to submit a posting, please send an email to  To create a reciprocal link to our website, click here.
Many of you are forwarding these emails to friends or asking that others be added to the list.
Sign up for our daily newsletter here: Sign Up.  You can read articles and order alarm contracts on our web site

Ken Kirschenbaum,Esq
Kirschenbaum & Kirschenbaum PC
Attorneys at Law
200 Garden City Plaza
Garden City, NY 11530
516 747 6700 x 301
516 747 6700