Can you do more with your alarm license than run your own company?  Yes, as long as you structure your relationship with the company you are holding the license for in a proper way.  Our Qualifier Agreement will provide the necessary terms you need for protection.  Because the licensed activity is limited to monitoring, and that monitoring is provided by a third party wholesale monitoring company, your oversight and supervision of the alarm license activities is very limited.  You could be making $500 to $2000 a month and get an hourly fee for any time you have to spend on licensed activities.  If you've been sitting on the fence deciding whether to have your license work for you then now is a good time to decide.  Keep in mind that you are not "aiding an unlicensed company" to compete.  These companies want to be licensed and comply with all licensing and other laws.  
    We have companies that are entering the nationwide market with DIY business model.  They sell and ship the equipment for DIY installation and then enter into monitoring contracts for professional monitoring.  Our clients are looking for licenses in AL, AK, CA (C-10 and fire), DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, Maryland, MA, MI, MN, NC, NJ,NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT,V, WV.
    If interested please contact our licensing department headed by Jennifer Kirschenbaum,Esq at 516 747 6700 x 302 or our Contract Administrator Eileen Wagda at 516 747 6700 x 312.  You can also always call me directly.  Confidentiality will  be maintained.  
(I'd prefer to remain annon)    
    We are coming upon a big hurdle at our company.  We use your contracts exclusively.  I wanted to share my experience with others in case it can help and to solicit your opinion.
    Recently our biggest client has entertained meetings with a very large company to possibly take over services we provide. For over 15 years we have had a handshake deal which we largely benefited from since they paid us a year in advance.  
Now they are asking for long term contracts and to spell out what we provide to include service contracts.
    I have to be apples to apples here and wonder if I should have some special contract being they operate over 20 locations.  Also, am I prepared to negotiate this type of multi year multi location contract on my own?? Could I benefit from counsel?
    With very little effort and modification the Standard Commercial All in One can easily be turned into a "master agreement" covering multiple locations.  A "master agreement" makes sense when the subscriber wants to negotiate the terms of the agreement only once but has additional locations or intends adding additional locations in the future and doesn't want to spend time getting separate contracts signed.  This subscriber is likely to have counsel or "contract" managers who are going to want to read and change your contract terms, and that's if you're lucky, because they may already have a form agreement or terms of service that they will insist you sign.  
    Do you need experienced counsel to assist with the contract negotiations?  If the subscriber is willing to engage in discussion [and not presenting you with a take it or leave it agreement] then engaging counsel will make a big difference.  A big difference in two ways, at least.  The terms of the agreement that protect you will be preserved, as best they can be, and you will be more comfortable knowing that you still have the contractual protection you need.  The flip side of course could be that you will be advised that the subscriber is not movable and you have lost all of your contractual protection and you are seriously exposed to potential liability.  Then it's your choice how you exercise your business judgment.  
    I am called upon to negotiate with subscriber several times a week.  The cost typically runs from $250 to $500, but could be more.  Several times a week clients ask me to look at changes in the contract, seeking approval, and I will do a quick read and provide counsel for no charge.  If the subscriber is worth getting or saving then you should not hesitate engaging counsel.  You've got my number and email address.  If sending me the modified contract send it in WORD so I can quickly add my comments and return it to you.