Phoning it in HIPAA compliant?
Provided by: Jennifer Kirschenbaum, Esq.
June 27, 2018
With summer in full swing I plan to be away with my family. Can I use my cell to call, text and email with patients?
Thanks, Dr. F
Absolutely, but be careful. HIPAA does not restrict communications by device, but does require you (as a covered entity) to implement technical, physical and administrative safeguards in your patient communications, in whichever medium. By cell, some simple guidelines to start with -
- make sure your phone is password protected if you have patient info on it
- make sure remote wipe is activated
- use the locator functionality in case you lose your phone
- control who else may have access to your phone
- do not speak with identifying information or sensitive information in a public place
- consider disclosing you are on a cell phone at the start of the call
and, enjoy your time away!
Contact Jennifer at Jennifer@Kirschenbaumesq.com or at (516) 747-6700 x. 302.
at a residency/fellowship program?
Contact Jennifer directly at (516) 747-6700 x. 302 or at Jennifer@Kirschenbaumesq.com